Sunday, December 24, 2017

Day 354 - 24th December 2017 - Downy Woodpecker, White Throated Sparrow and Blue Jay

Here we are at Christmas Eve. It's mild out, rain seems to have stopped and the snow is all gone again.  Should be a good day for those that have  travel, although the temperature will drop later. Watch the roads tonight.  And it appears we'll get some ice pellets Christmas morning and then straight rain. Sounds like they've changed their mind about the storm but high winds are expected. Maybe we will get to Christmas Dinner after all. It is my favourite thing - I know I'm all about the food! This is truly the most relaxed I've been before the holidays in years, I'm just chilling about the whole thing. Normally it's a time of year where I nearly kill myself to get ready but not now. Today we'll deliver gifts to family, drop off the little cakes I made at the Church Hall in Town for the Dinner tomorrow, maybe take Big B. for a short run and home to relax. Thankful to our neighbour who gave us lobsters, they'll be on the menu for supper tonight.

Female Downy Woodpecker - we have about 6 Woodpeckers in the yard - both Downy and Hairy.

White Throated Sparrow is still a bit shy but is coming around.
Blue Jays are fun to watch and listen to.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment