Monday, September 4, 2017

Day 243 - 4th September 2017 -American Redstart, Yellow Warbler and Northern Parula

The last day of the long weekend, although it's been a work weekend for me - but that's fine. It's given Larry a chance to get some things done at home - wood in the basement, lawn mowed, etc. If I'd been home, at least a couple of those days would have been spent chasing birds (really miss that). We did make a quick run to the Industrial Park again before I had to go in on Sunday morning and I wasn't disappointed. A Bald Eagle was perched in the old dead tree at the river on the way to town watching the ducks. Been a while since I've seen him there. Found a good spot at the Park along one of the roads that looked like it might be promising and in the span of about 10 minutes I was rewarded with all these beauties. We also saw Cedar Waxwings, a Catbird, Song Sparrows and the Alder Flycatcher in other spots.

American Redstart - most likely a juvenile male.














Northern Parula
 Red-Eyed Vireo
 Common Yellowthroat
 Yellow Warbler
Black & White Warbler







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment