Sunday, September 30, 2018

Day 162 - 30th September 2018 - Peregrine Falcon, Song Sparrow and Deer

I guess it's time to bid farewell to another month. Cool and crisp this morning, stars are all shining brightly in the sky. I've had a good little break but not sure if I'll be up and running every day. After 5 years some days it's hard to come up with something wonderful to say at 5am! I apologize to all my faithful readers. Only 2 more weeks and work will be done for the season - Rah! Then  I pack my suitcase and head to Alberta for vacation, well truthfully I have it half packed now. Nothing terribly exciting with me in the last few weeks - work, home, sleep, no sleep - just all the usual. The Warblers and Shorebirds are moving out. The hood has become quiet. Hummingbirds are gone as well. After a few good hard frosts I'll put the feeders back out and enjoy the winter birds from my kitchen window. We took a quick jaunt around Cape Sable Island yesterday - a number of hawks and an Eagle. Then grocery shopping in Barrington before heading home to get some work done. Larry has the basement almost full of wood, just another row left to do. Then of course it will be time to start the furnace, although the temperatures are up and down all the time. Our rain season has started, thankful but our well is recovering slow. We didn't go below 3 feet, unlike 2 years ago when it went much lower. Looks like it will be another nice day on the way. I'm going to make a quick trip to Lockeport to pick up some yarn- yes I've taken up knitting after probably 25 years! So I think that catches me up!

 Peregrine Falcon
 Song Sparrow

One of 8 deer in someone's yard




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment