Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Day 137 - 5th September 2018 - Red-Eyed Vireo and Ovenbird

It's a beautiful morning- stars and the moon are shining brightly in the sky, air is cool and crisp, just they way I like it. Feeling a little more rested (as I yawn). Tuesday was a good day. Was late getting out for a roam so all I saw was a Chipmunk  but will try to get out earlier this morning and check out the hood. Had a good lunch out, did a few things around the house before I went. Little rant this morning - they lifted the fire ban yesterday for the County. Since late last week we've had a ban on - no burning what so ever, yesterday they lifted it.  Now we've had no rain, woods are bone dry, so if some airhead decides to build a fire - not tend it etc - Wam - we could lose 1/2 our forest not to mention homes for those of us living in the country. Time for the government departments to wake up and at least make one good decision about things. I could say more but I do like to remain someone polite. Rant over!
 Red-Eyed Vireo
 Might be a young Ruby Crown Kinglet but I'm not sure

Ovenbird





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment