Monday, October 30, 2017

Day 299 - 30th October 2017 - Pileated Woodpecker, Lake Reflections and Sun

Monday morning and the work week starts again. Suppose to be a wild day of wind and rain, it's blowing already but it sounds like it's moving through fairly quickly. Sunday was  a nice day. Puttered around  a bit, then spent a good portion of the day trying to get  a book project finished up  - still a little left to do. I've spied what I thought was a Female Baltimore Oriole in the yard a couple times over the weekend but she seems to be travelling with a flock of Starlings. When the arrived in the afternoon with her, I ran into get my camera hoping to get a photo. I noticed they had flown into the Quince Bush (I think that's what it is), so off I go creeping and all of a sudden a male Pileated Woodpecker lands and begins eating the berries. Certainly a surprise for me! Never did see the Oriole again but had fun with the Woodpecker. I filled the feeders yesterday morning - Chickadees, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Nuthatches and Woodpeckers were quick to appear. Golden Crowned Kinglets play and feed in the bushes. Larry had  a better day, even walked to the neighbour's for  a visit  - progress is being made again.
 Pileated Woodpecker eating berries
















 Clouds reflect in the lake
The sun shines through the fog lighting up bushes.



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment