Thursday, October 25, 2018

Day 187 - 25th October 2018 - House Sparrow, Teepee and a Sunset

The weather has been more like the first of September than the end of October. Beautiful, sunny and mild. I've lost all track of the days but I think it was Wednesday yesterday. We were home on our own, so I took the opportunity after searching E-bird to see what was out in the hood. Did the google map thing and got directions to a trail nearby but didn't quite make it there (will do that today) as I found a nice little pond with some Mergansers, also a few House Sparrows in the trees and bushes nearby. It was a nice morning walk. Mom and I checked out the little mall nearby and picked up a few groceries we had forgotten the day before. When Jenny got through work she picked us up to go out to the Metis Local for Coffee Chat with a few of the Cree Elder Ladies. It was a good time, we all chatted, learned a few Cree words, although I'm sure I can't pronounce them again. Elk is waskiso, Mountain is waciy. There is no "K" in Cree it sounds like "G". A quick stop at Walmart and then home for supper and a lazy evening. I think I'll do some more exploring today.

 Cat Tails along the pond.

Mergansers


House Sparrow

A replica wagon from the Red River days

This was where they held the coffee chat - the building was lost during the fire and rebuilt


Teepee on display












And the sun was setting





Enjoy your day

No comments:

Post a Comment