Monday, October 15, 2018

Day 177 - 15th October 2018 - A Dory Launch and A Carving

This is the last day of the season that the Museums are open. The Shelburne County Museum is open all winter but reduces it's hours. But for me this is my last day of work! Rah!! A couple of days at home to finish packing, bake, cook etc then I'm Alberta bound til the end of the month. Vacation - how I'm looking forward to you.  Temperatures have really been up and down - last week I work shorts, yesterday a wool sweater. Visitors are getting less and less, although each day we seem to get a few through. On Saturday the Dory was launched, it's always kind of cool to see them come out of the loft and onto the street. It was a beautiful morning to be on the harbour and she sure could go - smooth and fast. There was also an unveiling of art work by Ed Benham at the Secret Park, George Street on Saturday. If you've not seen it stop by - absolutely magnificent.




Larry insisted that I take his and Leona's pic next to the carving. The picture doesn't do it justice, go take a look.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment