Monday, November 26, 2018

Day 218 - 26th November 2018 -Red-Winged Blackbirds, Evening Grosbeak and Sharp-Shinned Hawk

I think it's been too long since I last posted. The weeks are flying by so quickly. So what have I been up to? It's my fall cleaning season, most of which I've almost got done. I'm certainly having a few problems with that, I clean, Larry destroys. Well not that he literally destroys rooms but he's been in a painting mood - mostly floors at the moment.  I must admit that the stairs and upstairs hallway look great with a fresh coat of paint. That was the first place he tackled and didn't make any new mess. Then he started on the library which I had just cleaned up, made all nice and cozy for me to enjoy netflix and knitting. Years ago we had done that floor with boat paint (stands up well) of course we still have some left and it was good. Long story short - he's got 1/2 of that floor repainted and I can still smell it! He's now ripped up the flooring in the upstairs bathroom to paint those floor boards. I've put my foot down and told him he can paint the kitchen floor after the holidays! So that's kind of my excitement lately. We've made a few attempts at Christmas shopping which is going very slowly. On a up note the yard has been busy with birds - lots of Juncos, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Chickadees, Nuthatches, Woodpeckers. Have had Red-Winged Blackbirds, Evening Grosbeaks, Starlings and Grackles.  And our recent Sharp-Shinned Hawk has made an appearance or two.
 We went to the Father Christmas Festival in Mahone Bay yesterday. They have such beautiful Santas throughout the town. Had a great breakfast at the Biscuit Eater Cafe - lovely little spot.

Bufflehead Ducks
 Red-Winged Blackbird
 Evening Grosbeaks

Sharp-Shinned Hawk





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment