Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Day 87 - 28th March 2018 - Frozen Foam, Purple Finch and Great Egret

A little rain over night took more of the snow away in the yard, but I still see some patches. Maybe today it will all disappear. Yesterday was windy but once again the sun is stronger and doing it's job of warming things.  The Purple Finches are increasing - 5 males and 2 females now, nice to see them coming back. The feeders are busy - lots of Nuthatches around as well. Did up a batch of brown bread rolls - of course all but a couple were given away. A roam through the hood and some puttering around the house rounded out my day. Not what one would call high excitement! I'm late this morning, but my internet was off which is unusual.  Showers this morning, clearing this afternoon, but tomorrow looks like a nice day as does most of the weekend. I see birding in my future!

Frozen foam along the shoreline
 Female Purple Finch
Great Egret - what a long neck they have.



Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment