Sunday, March 4, 2018

Day 63 - 4th March 2018 - Waves, the Lake and a Blue Jay

"In like and Lion, out like a Lamb"- the first part is certainly right for March, hoping the 2nd part holds true at the end of the month. It's still blowing this morning. At least it's not cold and the temperatures are above 0. Forecast says chance of showers this afternoon, maybe a few flurries tonight.  I'm sure everyone was out surf watching yesterday.  We went to town and did grocery shopping, but did take a drive along the waterfront just as the tide had receded some. Looks like it had come up on the street in a few spots. Thank goodness for a nor'easter and not a sou'easter, flooding would have been worse. Waiting on parts for the car so I'm not keen on going any further than I have to for fear it will break down/blow up ( that's just me, I'm sure it won't). We played Aggravation last evening and again Mary won - two nights in a row! It was a rowdy game for a bunch of tea drinkers - our vocabulary is increasing! Being Sunday means in the kitchen for a few hours doing lunch box prep. Larry tried out his new woodsplitter yesterday so I'm sure he'll be out splitting wood again today. It's so easy even I can use it! But won't be making a habit unless he begins cleaning toilets and doing laundry. I will admit it's a lovely machine and will be a great time saver.
Waves splashed on the shore of the lake.
 The lake wasn't it's usual cheery self yesterday.
There's been lots of Blue Jays around lately.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment