Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Day 123 - 13th June 2018 - American Redstart, Iris and Hummingbird Moth

Feel like I might have caught up on my sleep - not up until 5:30. Cloudy and windy(again) this morning. Suppose to be sunny. Rain on the way for this evening. Hopefully we get a lot and not just showers. Got to get some things done this morning as it's Thelma and Louise day! Rah! With me back to work, don't get to go as often so we grab a day here and there when we can. Think I'll throw together a casserole for Thursday and Friday night suppers. Had a lovely Tuesday, sun shone and enough wind to keep the flies away. I buzzed around the house early getting housework done, some cooking - muffins for Larry and a few more lunches for the freezer. Nice walk in the hood, a little time on the deck enjoying the sun. Cathy stopped for coffee and a catch up and later in the afternoon I had tea with Lois on her deck.  I did find a few birds in the hood - was kind of surprised since I was late going and it was really windy. A nice well rounded day.

American Redstart I'm thinking an immature male rather than a female.

And then he did that! Cheeky bird!















Yellow Iris from my garden

Might be a Hummingbird Moth.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment