Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 231 - 18th August 2012 - Cranberries, Mushrooms & Ducks

Well Saturday is here. We are heading to Yarmouth sometime today, the annual Shark Scramble is on and Larry wants to check it out. We'll watch the weigh in, so it should provide some good photos. Tomorrow you'll see pics of big dead fish - variety is the spice of life! I'll get a little shopping in too, not that there is much I want/need. And we will also meet up with Larry's brother and at least one of his sons. So seeing some family will be fun too. Might even catch part of a ball game too!

Friday was my mental health day. Lexi and I had a great time, some light housework, laundry, made zucchini muffins then just kind of chilled out and enjoyed the day. A walk through the woods. Karen stopped in the afternoon for a visit, tea and muffin. It was what we needed. We have a window seat in the kitchen, where I love to sit and watch the hummingbirds at the feeder. I noticed today the males have gone, they must have left yesterday. A sign that fall is approaching, the females will leave in the next few weeks.
Larry and Lexi have a little routine in the evening, they go to the garden, then a drive and a run. I decided since it was a nice evening, humidity had dropped, I would take my camera and head over to the lake. However, I scared the ducks but spent some time having tea with Lois on her deck. It was nice, peaceful and we had some laughs. Sometimes it's so easy to solve all your problems over a cup of tea.
The cranberries are beginning to fill out a bit with just a tinge of red as well. Another sign of fall.








The neighbours Impatiens are still looking good. Pretty and colorful against a forest background.
Lots of colorful and unusual looking mushrooms around now too.
Ah, I scared the ducks, guess I should have had Lexi with me.
And the fly, with their reflections in the water.
Up, Up and away!
The clouds have fallen into the lake.


I see it's my turn in scrabble, so must play and check the emails! Enjoy your day!








No comments:

Post a Comment