Sunday, February 17, 2019

Day 48 - 17th February 2019 - Evening Grosbeaks

A nice morning out there  - stars are twinkling, temperature is -4/-5, little breezy and the lake is moaning and groaning. So it's been a rough week  - I came down with the plague (the only nice word I can use for the affliction) and am finally feeling like myself this morning. I started to actually feel better yesterday afternoon and that food would once again be my friend. Seems it's been a hard winter, but will consider myself lucky as there are others much worse off. Today it's time to buzz around and get some things done in this house, Larry's been good at tending to the sick but has had other projects on the go and the house work has fallen by the wayside. So I need to spend a few hours playing catch up. When I've not been knitting, watching tv or generally lazing around the last few days, I've been enjoying the birds at the feeders. No one unusual but it's nice to see the Goldfinches, Nuthatches, Chickadees, Sparrows, Grosbeaks, Woodpeckers Blue Jays and even the Mourning Doves.


He really is a stunning fellow - Evening Grosbeak. Normally I depend on the Blue Jays to add some brightness to winter but this year I've had these guys every day.




































Just a few of the 26 that were at the feeders a few days ago - I've had as many as 42.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment