Saturday, February 2, 2019

Day 33 - 2nd February 2019 - Blue Jays and an Evening Grosbeak

Cold (-13) and clear this morning, stars are out, lake is groaning and moaning. It's Groundhog Day - in a few short hours the little rodent will come out and decide if we have 6 weeks more of winter or not. On the south shore of Nova Scotia, we do things a little different- we have Lucy the Lobster who will come out and predict the end of winter. So if you are out and around Cape Sable Island causeway - check out Lucy this morning! I'm sitting with an ice pack on my neck this morning, not sure if Ive got a pulled muscle or a virus, but I've got a pain that goes down my shoulder blade and up into my head.  After a little self diagnoses on google, I'm opting for a pulled muscle.  My social life went down the tubes yesterday - didn't go knitting or play marbles. Actually I went back to bed for a couple of hours in the morning and I'll probably do the same this morning since I've been up since 3:30am.  Looks like a lazy day of ice and heat for me and hopefully in a day or two I'll be back to normal.




Blue Jays stealing the suet from the Woodpeckers!
















Evening Grosbeak waiting for a feeder






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment