Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 5 - 5th January 2015 - Bling, Goldfinches and Ruffed Grouse

Monday - temperature is +7 and looks like the snow is all gone this morning.  Larry is back to work and I need to get into gear and get things done. I was laying in bed not wanting to get up but knew I wanted that 1/2 hour to myself before Larry and Lexi are mobile. Something about that first cup of coffee on my own.  January is a super busy month. Since I'm home I have lots of volunteer chores to do - top of the list - grant applications, a database to finish cleaning up and photographs to dig out. This month is going to fly by.
Sunday was the laziest day we've had in a very long time. Ate, read, walked Lexi, then did it all over again. Larry went out in the afternoon and shoveled some of the slush away and raked the roof. Hot Turkey sandwiches with fries for supper - one of my favourite meals of leftover turkey. I thought for sure we would have something different at the feeders, so kept my eye out but mostly the same - Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Chickadees, Goldfinches, Downy Woodpeckers and a Ruffed Grouse.
I took some of these Saturday morning while the lake was still frozen over and covered in snow.
Some ice and bling around the Old Man's Beard.
It was a morning of bling even around dead branches...
and Ferns.

The Goldfinches were out in the rain yesterday.

It was fun watching the Ruffed Grouse in the tree. We kept watching to see if those limbs were going to hold.


Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment