Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 13 - 13th January 2015 - Snow, Goldfinches and Squirrels

Looking out the kitchen window I see everything is layered in snow once again and the temperature is -1. Be super careful on the roads this morning, not to mention under foot. It was slippery last night and I'm sure there is still some ice under there. Hoping Lexi and I can get out for a good roam, maybe through the woods will be best, not sure if I want to chance dirt roads. I'm going to tackle those grants this morning, see if I can get done today what I wanted to yesterday!
Monday didn't start out the way I had planned. Got Larry out the door to work and I settled in with great intentions of clearing one grant application out of my way before noon and perhaps start another. Midway through the first one my laptop went hinky - similar to wonky. The screen had lines going up and down it. I shut it down, tried again, same thing. Panic didn't quite set in at that point, til I began to think about what was on it and when I had last done a back up to the external hard drive. Called the computer shop in town and found a ride in with a neighbour, new screen installed and I was back home by noon. Happy, Happy! Of course when I returned  I wasn't in the mode to do grant applications but I did a back up to the external hard drive and  got the sewing room sorted out and cleaned up. Cindy worked us hard last night but it was needed, sure I'm going to be hurting.
 I didn't get any photos Monday, with running to town and then rain. A few from Sunday - the snow was prettier anyway.
 Larry's old boat covered in snow.
 A few grasses covered in snow.
 The private road was lovely.
 Lois' squirrel.
 And one in our woodpile.
 Feeding time.
Now they seem indifferent.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment