Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 291 - 17th October 2012 - Birds, Skies, Clover and Mushrooms

Another early morning - groan! Temperature is only +3.6. It's Wednesday and my town day. Suppose to be nice - I'd rather stay home but have things to do and errands to run. Having lunch with my dad too. Wonder what he'll cook me good - he mentioned ribs when I was talking to him yesterday, anything will be fine. Mom doesn't go home for lunch so I think he likes a bit of company once in a while.
Yesterday was miserable until early afternoon, but that bad weather gave me a chance to move on with the fall cleaning - 2 more rooms done and 2 garbage bags filled with the purging. It's so much easier to clean to music so I took my laptop upstairs and a set of speakers and went at it to the tunes of Chris de Burgh.  The good news was I found a gift certificate for Charlotte Lane Cafe, although I have no idea why it would have been upstairs in a drawer.
I could be vegetarian if it wasn't for bacon. I'm finding it's harder to come up with ideas for lunch lately. Tired of sandwiches as I take those every day when I work. For some reason with the rain pouring down I thought about the open face cheese sandwiches my grandmother used to make me as a child. I sliced off some old cheddar and laid it on a couple of slices of bread and popped in in the oven under the broiler - got to watch or it burns up. I had to take it one step further and cook up some nice crispy bacon to put on top. Yum, it was good and hit the spot. When I buy bacon - usually nice on Sunday mornings, I cut the package in 1/2 and toss the rest in a bag in the freezer for another time, otherwise I would probably eat it all at once. After lunch I did a batch of chocolate chip cookies for the lunch boxes and when the rain died out Lexi and I headed out for a walk. Several times she looked out the window in the morning but decided it was just raining too hard for her.

The friendly little Sparrow stopped by to visit on the fence after the rain.
Walked down to the lake after supper - the sky had some fabulous clouds.
Mourning Doves sitting on the telephone line. Not my favourite birds, but they are plentiful.
Pink clover along the side of the road. Larry mowed the lawn again the other night, so nothing surprises me.
This one still looks good, but some of the ones we saw in the woods today were looking pretty sad.
Time to catch up on scrabble. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment