Saturday, January 5, 2019

Day 5 - 5th January 2019 -White Breasted Nuthatch, The Lake and Ice

Mild morning, temperature above 0, rain on the way for later today. Guess I better break down and go do some grocery shopping. Maybe a trip to Barrington and a whip around Cape Sable Island to check out the bird situation. Might just find something interesting around the wharves. It's time to take  Big Bertha  for an outing. No hard work today, well we might get a few things done this afternoon. I've got a couple of summer student grant applications to do for work, but I've been milling them around in my mind and will tackle them on Monday. Yesterday was a blast at "Knit & Yarn". Lots of  laughter from a fun group of women and everyone is helpful when you are stuck on a pattern.  I'm quite happy to have taken up knitting once again after so many years. I think I've been missing out on something. I can remember many years ago my Grandmother R. taking on the task of teaching me to knit - I'm the lefthander in a right handed family. Not an easy task but she remained patient and I learned.  I'm guessing I was between the ages of 8 and 10 at the time and when I pick up my needles it reminds me of her. Well time to get this day on the go........well maybe another cup of coffee first.

White Breasted Nuthatch


A peaceful day on the lake













The ice in the cranberry ditch looks feathery.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment