Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 55 - 24th February 2012 - Catching the Sunrise!

The mornings remain mild with a temperature of +1.1. I noticed yesterday when I was out for  my walk that the lake is low for this time of year. Last year we were lucky and forest fires were pretty minimal, this year maybe a different story. So do be careful if you get the urge to burn grass, brush whaterver is leftover from winter. For those of us living in the country/woods, it doesn't take much some times for a fire to get out of control pretty quickly.

Waiting for the kettle to boil for another cup of coffee and looking out the kitchen window, I realized again why I love mornings. Forgot the coffee, grab my camera and jacket and in pj's I ran out the door. Off I go through the woods, hoping the night creatures have returned where they belong to a neighbours backyard close to the lake.
Just out of the door, looking down the road. It's a little dark, but you can see the pink coming up over the tree line in the sky.
Through the path you can see the bright color of the sky behind the shadow of the trees.
I'm almost through the path in the woods.
And I've made it to the edge of the lake, crawled over some rocks to get a good vantage point, almost fell in, but hey made it!
A few fluffy clouds appear in the sky!
One last shot, as the sun starts to come up behind the trees. Have to head back home, breakfast and get ready to go to town. Off to do some research at the Deeds office, a much needed haircut, and the dreaded grocery shopping.
Hope you all have a great day! It's Friday, the weekend is just a few hours away!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos this morning, and ironic that you mentioned the threat of fires as the sunrise appears to be of a crimson colour. So is little sista cutting your hair and are you going with the style you pinned? Have a great day, will probably be talking/chatting with you later this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete