Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 54 - 23 February 2012 - "Rainy Days & Mondays"

Mild and foggy, the temperature is +2.5. I enjoy watching daylight come earlier these days. Mornings are always my favourite time of the day. Looking out the window, I realize that Spring is a wonderful season, bringing with it, new growth, greenness and color. Currently though it's mostly shades of brown and beige. Fall in my mind is the best season - things are still in color and growing, nights are cooler and days still warm, everything is clean and crisp.

This was the sun at 11am when I went out for my walk.














The reason the sun will not be shining today - dark rain clouds hovering overhead indicates I don't have a lot of time to take photos today.












More ice is breaking up along the shoreline and rain water lays on the ice. Thank goodness for pine, fir and spruce trees, without those we wouldn't have much in the way of color.










Some of the tall pines, shed needles into the shorter trees of the forest where they dangle down like ornaments.
I didn't get much time before the storm clouds took over and it began to rain. Water puddles on the lake.















And my favourite color - red, nice on this dark grey day. My amaryllis has all four blooms opened up now.










Larry spent some time working in the yard this morning while the weather held, he's now painting the trim in the kitchen. I've been working on research which I don't have time to do and will now move on to those things I should be doing. Why do I have the 1970's tune by the Carpenters Rainy Days and Mondays wandering through my mind?
Enjoy the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment