Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Day 116 - 25th April 2017 - Tree Buds, Mallards and a Daffodil

Even by my standards I'm up way too early this morning, it's either going to be  a very long day or I'll sneak in a nap this afternoon. Got the Whirligigs started yesterday morning, a quick jaunt around the hood - very quiet and a funeral in the afternoon. Our communities have lost too many good people this winter.  I did see one of the local Eagles, but while I was looking for something low in the bushes, he  was no doubt observing me from above. The air was chilly in the morning but the sun warmed things up in the afternoon - it has more strength these days. The water in the ditches is disappearing - signalling that we could use a little rain fall, rumour has it we are in for another dry summer. I hope not, but as always we take what Mother Nature gives us.
 Trees are budding out.
 Mostly male Mallards in the lake these days, the females are nesting.
And the Daffodils offer up a spot of brightness in the yard.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment