Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day 1 - 1st January 2017 - Hairy Woodpecker, White Throated Sparrow and Blue Jay

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you all had a good evening - we had a lazy one - at home, pj's, little tv and a few snacks. Of course I didn't make it to ring in the New Year; it comes in my dreams.  I started a new book last evening - A Pitying of Doves by Steve Burrow - yes a birder mystery, what else! I read his Siege of Bitterns last year but just found the next two in the series. They are at the top of my 2017 reading list.  We made a trip to town, got groceries, gas etc. then home again. Larry has been working on the gyproc in the bathroom. Time to get this room finished. Well not much time with only weekends, but it's slowly getting there. Went for a jaunt around the hood in the afternoon. Water levels are  up where they should be - the swamps are full - winter will come. Although the forecast is pretty mild for the next few days with more rain. Finally I spied the White Throated Sparrow at Lois'- have been looking for him with no luck. Last year there were two, so far I'm only seeing the one.
Hairy Woodpecker, eyeing up the bird pie















A pair of Mallards were hanging out by the dock.
A very attractive Blue Jay
The White Throated Sparrow - not a great shot, but they are very shy.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment