Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 343 - 9th December 2015 - Reflections, Purple Finches and Goldfinches

Another Wednesday morning, a day in town. Gently breeze this morning, a little chilly but not cold and the stars are mostly hiding in dark clouds. Lots to do in town - errands, volunteer work, hair cut this afternoon.  Next Wednesday will be my last one until after the New Year so I need to take advantage of this days and get some things cleaned up.
The Purple Finches have arrived. A small flock yesterday morning and they didn't stay very long, but hung out in the bushes and checked out the feeders. They are another sign of winter. Wonder if the Redpolls will appear this year. I spent most of the day in the kitchen baking/cooking, some laundry done and a few other things around the house. Hopefully this weekend I'll sling up some decorations and we'll get a tree.
 I suspect Larry stuck this ornament on a tree branch along the side of the road. It was there when Lexi and I went walking. I can see myself in the reflection - kind of like a selfie stick.











Lois had a number of Goldfinches at her feeders. Probably the same ones as in mine. I think they just go from yard to yard
 A very pretty Male Purple Finch, hiding out in the Honeysuckle bush.
 And two females.
Nice to see their return.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment