Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 143 - 23rd May 2015 - Wild Violets, Lake Reflections and Purple Finches

Looks like a nice day in the making, after the fog lifts. Temperature is +5. Not sure what's up for today, except I know we have to buy groceries and I should make a visit to Frenchy's for a dress and maybe some summer clothes. Larry has to go do the job he looked at last Saturday for his friend. Maybe I'll stay home and bird in the hood, then we'll take off tomorrow and go somewhere. Hearing about great things in Yarmouth and Barrington areas.
Well we suffered through a wet Friday til it was time to go home then it cleared. Had lunch with my besties at the Beandock, - always involves a few laughs when we get together. It was a fairly quiet day at work, so I made some headway with the winter backlog, although a few new things cropped up before I was finished. It was cold and damp in the house when we got home, so we built a fire in the furnace. Quiet Friday evening at home, puttered around and did  a few things, then feet up and a little TV.

The little White Wild Violets are in bloom now.
Took these a couple of days ago - I love a calm morning on the lake with beautiful reflections.
A ring of Maple buds along the lake's edge.
Hope I'm not going to get too many "butt" shots this summer.















Savannah Sparrow in a old tree.
The yard and feeders remain full of Purple Finches, they seem to spend most of the day.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment