Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 76 - 17th March 2015 - Redpolls, Goldfinches and Pine Siskins

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you who have Irish roots. I'm fortunate enough to say that I have a few Irish hanging on my family tree! Also sounds like Sheila's Brush may visit later today or this evening into tomorrow morning. Just like we need more. Sheila's Brush comes from Newfoundland Folklore. She was a female relative - sister or maybe wife of Patrick and is a storm (the last one) on or after Saint Patrick's Day. It is said she's brushing the season away for the next one. Back to reading for me today and I think a big pot of Turkey soup will be on the to do list.
So yesterday I knuckled down and hit the manuscript and starting being a good editor for a change instead of slacking off (Karen I know you'll be happy to hear that - ha!ha!). It takes a lot of time to read through chapters, make notes and look things up and whiz off some emails with more information. Made it to exercise class last night.Hopefully I'll start getting there on a regular basis again - seems I need it whether I want it or not.

Not great photos but there are so many Redpolls, Goldfinches and Pine Siskins. This is just a few of them. There were close to 100 in the flock.
The wind made them jittery yesterday.
I think she was trying to block out the wind and snow.
This big fat Blue Jay sought shelter in the Honeysuckle Bush.
The female Hairy Woodpecker thought she'd try the sunflower seeds.
A few more wind blown - Goldfinch.
And Pine Siskin - notice that bright yellow stripe on his lower wing.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment