Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 42 - 11th February 2015 - Hairy Woodpecker, Mourning Doves and a Blue Jay

Yes it's cold again this morning, temperature is -12. Moon and stars are out but it's blowing, going to stay cold today even though the temperature is suppose to rise to -7. I keep thinking the sun is stronger and will help counteract the wind. My town day, time for errands, volunteer work etc.
Tuesday started off rough - no satellite, I could still hear dripping from where ice backed up and was leaking, and it was cold. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Shaw - very nice but they couldn't solve the problem so made an appointment for someone to come out and take a look. One thing about living in a small town (or out in the country near one) is that you know everyone. I waited until the Furniture Store was open, that does the service work and gave a call and was lucky enough that someone could come out today. Gotta love it! I had started some Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese icing and made sure they were done when he arrived. Char and Joyce came up to discuss a little project we are starting.  By the time Larry arrived home I had divided out most of the cupcakes so neither of us would be forced to eat too many. It snowed most of the day. Lexi and I got out around a couple of times. Getting harder to walk, wood are definitely not great.
The Male Hairy Woodpecker stopped in for breakfast.
Red Velvet Cupcakes - glad I've given most all of them away!
There were a number of Mourning Doves around.

And the lone Starling that is travelling with the Blue Jays.
They seem to  be friends.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment