Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day 348 - 14th December 2014 - Sunrise, Sharp-shinned Hawk and Reflections

Up way too early, but it's been that way all  week. Lots to do, so maybe it's a good thing for a change. We are off to Yarmouth to finish off the Christmas shopping.  Just as soon as I get a coffee or two and feel alert, then I've got to make up the list of exactly what I need/ who I have left etc. and I'm going to finish.  Am not even thinking about what a madhouse those stores will be today. I need a couple of gift cards, but those I can get here in town. I'm leaving Big B. home, otherwise I'll go off birding which is a much happier occupation than shop and not get anything done.
Spent most of the day in the kitchen - baking and cooking.  Progress was made! Two pans of fudge, brown bread rolls, finished off (dipped) the buttercreams, peppermint patties and peanut butter balls, made cherry balls and made lasagna for supper. Lexi and I got some walking in, but it turned to rain in the afternoon. Missed my chance at a rainbow, had left Big B. home when we went out around 2:30 pm and there was one over the lake.  Mostly Blue Jays, Chickadees and Mourning Doves at the feeders today, except the fellow who stopped in quickly looking for lunch.
 Beautiful morning watching the sun rise over the lake.

 There were lots of Blue Jays at the feeders til this Sharpie (Sharp-shinned Hawk) dropped in for a visit. They sure scattered quickly!
 He didn't stay too long.
It was still lovely around lunch time, but later in the afternoon - showers!







Enjoy your Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment